Dear Valued Patient,
As COVID-19 continues to be part of our lives, we are as always closely monitoring the situation. We're reaching out to assure you that you are safe at Dr. Bridget Brahney Family Dentistry. We are happy to report that our measures have been effective thus far.
We already, as a daily practice, assure universal precautions as outlined by CDC and OSHA standards of infection control. Safety is always our number one focus. Our high standard of care ensures that your trust and safety are never compromised.
We are taking extended measures (some obvious to you and some behind the scenes) to further protect all our patients and team...the following are some instructions patients need to know:
- In compliance with the recommendations for public health, anyone with a cough or fever will not be allowed in the building and should stay home. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- If you are pregnant or considered high risk due to age or underlying disease, you may want to consider postponing treatment. If you have any questions as to whether your dental condition can wait please call and set up a consult appointment. Teledentistry may be recommended to you even if you are not at risk.
- If you are or have been in contact with any person known to have the Coronavirus or you yourself have tested positive and have not been discharged, we ask that you call to reschedule your treatment. People who have tested positive in the past are required to present clearance from their medical provider.
- To control patient flow, the door will be locked. UPON ARRIVAL FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT, STAY IN YOUR CAR AND SEND US A TEXT NOTIFYING US OF YOUR PRESENCE. We will text you when we are ready. A staff member will meet you and begin screening process in waiting room before proceeding to treatment area.
- In an effort to promote social distancing, we ask that only the patient that has the appointment enter the building. If there is an extenuating circumstance that someone absolutely needs to be accompanied, we ask that you contact office 48 HOURS BEFORE APPOINTMENT so provisions may be made to accommodate. We may need to move the appointment.
- Upon entering Dr. Bridget Brahney Family Dentistry, you will be asked to sanitize your hands
- You will be asked a series of questions and your temperature will be taken. Based on the outcome of screening in conjunction with the consideration of your dental symptoms, YOU MAY BE REAPPOINTED and advice will be given on how to proceed.
- At the beginning of every appointment, you will be asked to pre-rinse with hydrogen peroxide. There may be additional or modified aspects to procedures. Fees could possibly be affected to reflect changes.
- Additionally, we are requesting you sanitize your hands before re-entering the business areas and upon exit.
You can be assured safety measures at Dr Bridget Brahney Family Dentistry will continue to evolve as more information develops.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you safe in our practice. Stay well, hydrate, eat nutritiously, get plenty of sleep, wear face coverings, and social distance. And thank you so very much for being our patient. WE VALUE YOUR TRUST and LOYALTY and LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU VERY SOON!
Very Truly Yours,
The team at Dr. Bridget Brahney Family Dentistry